• Page:

TOPIC: "FinLuver's Foxtober"

"FinLuver's Foxtober" 5 months, 4 weeks ago #34014

• FinLuver
  • Expert Boarder
FinLuversFoxtober_102513.jpg

FinLuver’s Foxtober

Hook: Dai-Riki #899, sz 4
Thread: Sewing Thread, White (underbody)
Danville 70 Denier Flymaster 6/0 Waxed, White (materials and underbody)
Danville 70 Denier Flymaster 6/0 Waxed, Black (materials and head)
Underbody: Sewing Thread – Start at the end of return eye and wrap back 29 touching turns toward bend, Whip finish 4 turns, Clip end; Tie up several and set aside. Start White Tying Thread at head, Tie in Tip/Tag and form, two wraps, clip the ends the length of body; Tie in Tail and cock, wrap tail and tip/tag ends to eye; Tie in Rib and wrap back to tail with touching turns, wrap back toward eye, flattened thread, touching turns; Burnish if needed.
Tip/Tag: Lagartun Oval X-Strong Small Copper – 7 Turns
Tail: Hairline Extra Select G.P. Center Tail – 8 Fibers, 1.5 Gape Width, cocked at 30 deg. angle.
Body: UTC 140 Burnt Orange – Eye to bend and back to eye, flattened thread, touching turns; Burnish if needed. Tie off with Black Tying Thread.
Rib: UTC French Tinsel Medium Oval Copper – 5 Turns Evenly Spaced
Hackle: Henry Hoffman Hen, Brown – Tie wet style, 4-5 turns depending on feather.
Wing: Hairline Red Fox Tail, Black tipped Guard Hairs – Clean underfur and stack; measure to length, trim butts; Tie in with 3-4 turns, add head cement; trim butts and form head.
Head: Tying Thread – Form Nicely Shaped Head; Cement, Let Dry; Apply Clear Cure Goo (Hydro), Set with UV Light
Note: This fly had a couple of strong grabs from a fish, presumably from the same 19”-20” sea-run cutthroat that took the FinLuver’s First (SRC). I’ll be using this fly for both cutthroat and summer steelhead.
Terry
The following user(s) said Thank You: kelkay

Re: "FinLuver's Foxtober" 5 months, 4 weeks ago #34016

• kelkay
  • Platinum Boarder
LOVE IT~!!!
Now just to get my flies to do what my mind imagines...
  • Page:
Moderators: Bass_Bug, NJTroutbum, DMac
Time to create page: 0.41 seconds

FlyTyer Login

Login Information